Thursday, September 12, 2013

Currently Obsessing: Gold Flatware

I have always had both feet firmly planted in team silver. Silver everything, never gold. So imagine my surprise when a few weeks ago, I suddenly became OBSESSED with gold. Problem is, every piece of metal in my house is silver. Jewelry, place settings, candlesticks, picture frames, EVERYTHING. Not a drop of gold.

So like a reasonable human being, I bought myself a bunch of gold chain necklaces, hoping that would solve the problem. Nope. I'm feeling a little pot-committed at this point. I've got a seriously silver lifestyle going on here and now is not the time to suddenly become gold obsessed. Because its going to be really obvious when gold stuff starts appearing in our house, and I'm one of those lucky girls who's husbands actually pay attention and knows when new things show up.

And also because I promised him I was on a spending freeze when we got back from our honeymoon in Greece. That just might not be realistic.

I need gold flatware.

Whaaaat? Dip-dyed flatware? Anthropologie
 
So Simple. West Elm
 
Also in matte black. Because why not?
 
My E-Bay shopping cart is full of half sets and mismatched lots of gold flatware. But I'm not going to buy any of them because "I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephants faithful, 100%".
 
Sigh worthy, no?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment