Monday, November 18, 2013

Holiday Decor Ideas - Bohemian Glam

This is always the time of year I get a little excited. And by a little I mean Buddy the Elf level, buy all the gifts, decorate everything, bake all the cookies excited.
 
 
 
While I don't have the time to decorate my house quite like he decorated the department store, I am excited to start prepping our home for Christmas. I like to change it up every year, last year I did a vintage/woodsy themed tree with lots of plaid and knit ornaments in traditional reds and greens.  This year I'm feeling a bit more glamorous.


I'm planning on following the tutorial over at the gilded hare to make some of those feather ornaments.  I've been hoarding pickle jars like a mad woman to make those snow globe thingys (technical term, I believe), and my husband is starting to look at me funny because of it. I was going to buy puffy paint and clear ornaments, but I'm kind of glad I didn't because The Dollar Tree has really impressed me once again and has basically all those ornaments, or at the very least similar ones.  I have some picture from my haul here.  I went a little crazy in there and ended up buying all the ornaments and a new Christmas village (to be spray painted white) because its all $1 y'all. I mean, come on now.





No comments:

Post a Comment