Monday, November 25, 2013

600 Brass Thumbtacks

What do you think of when you see this?

Do you ever think, "Man, I really need 600 brass thumb tacks." or "I'll figure out what to do with them later."?  If you don't, maybe you should - because let me tell you, they are AWESOME.

I bought these when I was at the dollar store buy a Christmas village... as well as everything else in the store. I knew they were magic when I saw them, I just didn't know what sort of magic they were going to create yet.

This all started with a trip to Ikea for faux sheep skin throws for my dining room chairs.  Also throw pillows.  I am addicted to throw pillows. I've been trying to replace a certain pillow for years but Hubs won't let it go.  Its basically just two layers of fabric at this point. Gross.

 My girlfriend had never been to Ikea, so of course it was my duty to ruin her life and take her with me. Mission successful.  On the way home I jokingly (not jokingly) asked if she wanted to redecorate my house real quick.  She was totally down.  We became best friends. We did karate in the garage.  Crafts happened.

First, we gave a big cardboard "K" a makeover with a faux nailhead trim.  I'm sure measuring would be the thorough thing to do, but we just started sticking them in using the scientific "eyeball" method.  Look-it:


Then, I stuck the rest of them in some candles.


Then we pulled everything off the walls and redecorated the downstairs because that's what reasonable people do.  I told my husband to stay out late because we were in the zone.  My thumbs ached.  I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to hang out with that friend anymore.

Here's the tally. My husband likes the "K", the sheepskins, and the new gallery wall.  He doesn't understand the throw pillows, but I'm counting that as a win because most guys in general don't understand throw pillows.  The candles freak him out a little.  That's 4 - 1.  I'll take it.




No comments:

Post a Comment