Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Decor - Christmas Village

A few days ago I had this genius, super original idea to buy a Christmas village at the Dollar Store and paint it white.
And then I realized that everyone and their mother had done it.  Not original.  Not genius.  Sigh.
Anyway, this is how the magic happened.
1. Buy Christmas Village at the Dollar Store. Also buy $50 worth of other stuff because its all ONLY $1.

I already used those thumbtacks for a couple of projects. See here.

2. Find your paint.  A lot of other people used spray paint, which I'm sure works really well.  But this is Minnesota, the high on Saturday was 15 degrees, and while I told myself spray paint doesn't work so well in those extreme temperatures, the reality is I didn't want to go outside.  So I used a bottle of white acrylic paint that I have had for approximately ever.

You can buy them here and here, or just get ANY acrylic craft paint and paint brush.
Seriously, buy it at Walmart. The Dollar Store might even have some.
3. Paint everything white.


4. Go do something else while they dry.  Otherwise you will continue to touch them to see if they are dry yet.  They aren't.  It takes about 20 minutes for them to be 100% dry.

5.  Celebrate how awesome and classy you are.  You just made something from the Dollar Store look like it was worth at least $3.  Way to triple your investment.






No comments:

Post a Comment