Friday, November 22, 2013

My Favorite Perfumes

I love perfume.  I love that a scent can change your whole outfit.  Sometimes they are fun and flirty, sometimes they are all business, sometimes they are seductive, but whichever the case - perfume tells the world who I plan on being that day.  I must admit, I am partial to sweet perfumes.  They certainly aren't for everyone, it depends on how they react to your body chemistry.  But I've found them to be the most appealing both to me, and on me.  Below are my go-to scents....
 
 
Starting at the top:
Aquolina Pink Sugar - By far the sweetest of the group, this one smells like cookies and baked goods, summer and childhood.  It is the one I wear most often, and probably my favorite. Sephora lists the notes as Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, and Wood.  It is a very playful scent, and makes me feel a little mischievous!
Burberry Brit -  This one feels a little more business to me.  I wear it when I need to feel professional and in control.  It always gives me a little "I got this" boost. The notes listed are Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, and Tonka Bean.
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy - I like to layer this one with Pink Sugar sometimes.  They are similar, this one is just a bit more mature and a hint tamer.  More of a date perfume than an everyday thing.  The notes are Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, and Praline.
Chanel Chance - This one I wear when I want to feel like a lady.  Think fancy events or parties.  Its also great for meeting the parents.  Listed notes are white musk, hyacinth and citron, pink pepper, jasmine, fresh vetiver, orris absolute and amber patchouli.
Gucci II - I always come back to Gucci II.  This one is very clean smelling to me, and more floral than the rest.  Sometimes I need a break from the super sweet, so I come back to this.  This one flies a bit under the radar, its a bit harder to find. Mandarin, Bitter Orange, Blackcurrant, Violet, Blackberry, Jasmine, Heliotrope, and Cedarwood make up this light, subtle scent.
 
*please note, I do not make any promises that you will fall in love with a prince, becomes a princess, and live happily ever after.  But I can't say it WON'T happen either, so better safe than sorry!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment