Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Cards

I went to Walgreens yesterday with the intention of helping my mother-in-law make her Christmas cards. I always check for coupons, and when I spotted a 40% off coupon for cards made at the in-store kiosk, I jumped on it (it's still 20% off online orders with the code FESTIVE20).  I was already THINKING about sending out cards this year, seeing as I'm finally starting to feel somewhat adult-ish and grown ups send Christmas Cards (right?) - so the discount was the incentive I needed to get them ordered and sent out before, most likely, spring or something. This is the template I used, filled in with pictures from our wedding.
 
 
What I'm really excited about is addressing them.  I know most people probably find it time consuming and annoying, but I love getting creative with the addresses and really making it something exciting to receive.  I hoped on over to pinterest to get some ideas, and as usual that site never lets me down.  Most of the ones I was drawn to were from the same etsy shop, ilu.lily designs. Nothing I make with a few colorful ballpoint pens is going to come close to what she is doing, but its cool to get inspired!
 
 
I also made some return labels by cropping the snowflake and adding it to some plain old mailing labels, along with our address.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that, but I bought the cards, so I figure I can do whatever I want with them.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment